Ye Olde Stone Barn
After the successful barbecue on Sunday afternoon, the group had the chance to visit The John N. Leamon Museum, located in the Ye Olde Stone Barn in Brigus, which is the home of The Pictorial Archives and Offices of The Brigus Historical and Conservation Society. Our visit started off with Roy Clarke, the archivist, giving a brief introdution to the history of the stone barn, including interesting stories, one of which describing the washroom requirements of the royal visit from Prince Charles and Camilla. The barn was filled with an abundance of information and pictures about the history of Brigus, including its founding as an English Colony in 1612, its establishment as a thriving outport community in the 1800’s, and how it developed into the town that we see today.
Roy introduces the stone barn to us